Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies



Now if that picture doesn't make you want a cookie I don't know what will. I love to bake more than I like to do regular cooking. My specialty is cookies. I don't know why that is it just is. Maybe it is because my grandpa was one of the best cookie makers around. He has since past on but I still can taste his cookies. Anyway, If you like oatmeal in your cookies this recipe is for you. They are so yummy!!

Oatmeal Choco Chip Cookies
1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 cups partially blended old fashioned oats (I put these in a food processor or blender and pulse it a few times)
2 cups flour
1-12 oz pkg semi sweet chocolate chips
1-12 oz pkg milk chocolate chips

Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and blend well. Add the vanilla. Then add the flour, oats, salt, and baking soda and blend well. Stir in the chocolate chips. Roll the dough into 1-2 inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 320. for 10-13 minutes. Watch them closely, they should hardly be brown around the edges. Let them cool for 5 minutes on the cookies sheet before eating or taking them off.

I also drizzled some of them with melted caramel. They were tasty!!

4 comments:

Jilly Bean said...

Those look so good. I don't want to make a whole batch, though, because then I'll eat a whole batch!

I made your divine breadsticks twice last week. We love them. Thanks for sharing!

Smitty n' Chelle said...

I am so going to try these cookies. amybe since i have not had yours mine will taste good because then I am not comparing them to how yours taste! since i can never get them to taste like yours. ayway thanks for all the yummy recipes!

Smitty n' Chelle said...

okay, I amde them l;ast night and they sure are yummy. I just used m&ms instead of the semi sweet chips cause we don't like them and I did not have them in the house already! anyway thanks again for all the yummy recipes! you are the best.

Hannah Eliason said...

those look yummy