A year ago I spied these yummy looking bars on Picky Palate and finally a year later got around to making these. They were so easy and so yummy. I used White chocolate candy corn M&M's(can be hard to find) but you can use any kind of M&M you like. I really think peanut butter or almond ones would be awesome in these but if you do spy a bag of White Chocolate candy corn ones grab them and give them a try they really are quite tasty. I was able to find some last Halloween after halloween and only paid $1.25 per bag. I just now used them and they still taste great. Anyway, these shortbread bars and oh so good. Please go make some now!!!
Chocolate Shortbread bars with M&M's
adapted from Picky Palate
4 sticks softened butter
1 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9x13 inch baking pan with foil that’s been sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
2. In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
3. Place chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth, stirring.
4. Pour melted chocolate into mixer beating until well combined. Slowly add flour and salt until well combined. Dough will be thick.
5. Press dough into prepared pan and line with M&M’s, pressing in slightly. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through.
6. Let cool completely and cut into squares.