Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Chicken and Broccoli

Happy New Year!!! I am so sorry I have not posted in forever. I have been so busy during the holidays and my husband broke his finger right before Christmas and had to have surgery on it so I have been out of the loop for a little while. I am finally back and hope to update this more than I have been doing. I am sorry to say I do not have any pictures of this recipe because they look really bad!! I need to take a photography class, but anyway I sure hope you will try it, anyway. My brothers and sisters and I grew up eating this. I love it!! My kids do as well and it is such a great way to get them to eat broccoli!!

Chicken and Broccoli
1 medium bunch of broccoli chopped and cooked
2-3 chicken breasts cubed and cooked (I usually cook it in a skillet with a little Olive oil)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayo
1 T. lemon juice(I used lime because that is what I had)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 cup bread crumbs(homemade are better~you can make them by toasting a couple pieces of bread and then blending them up in a food processor or blender until crumbs)

Mix all together except the bread crumbs and 1 cup of the cheese. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle with the remaining one cup cheese and bread crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve over white or brown rice.

No comments: