Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Thai Coconut Curry Noodles

If you want something yummy and fast to cook for dinner let me introduce you to these yummy Thai noodles. They came together in less than a half hour from start to finish. My kids as well as my husband and I gobbled these up in a hurry. Once again my picture is less than stellar but I am sure you are use to my bad photography skills by now. One of these days I will be better at it but for now just trust me these noodles are yummy.


Thai Coconut Curry Noodles

1 lb. linguini
1(12oz) package of frozen stir fry veggies or 6 oz broccoli and 6 oz julienned carrots(i had 12 oz of broccoli slaw mix that had julienned carrots, cabbage and broccoli in it so that is what I used)
1/2 c. sliced green onions
1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced(I used a handful of mini sweet peppers)
1 tsp dried ginger or 1 T. minced fresh ginger
2 T. minced garlic
3 T. red curry paste
Juice of 1 lime
3 T. olive oil
1 can coconut milk
2 T. soy sauce
4 T. sweet chili sauce(can find at walmart in asian section-i used the Mae Ploy brand)
Salt and pepper to taste
Sesame Seed for garnish

Cook past according to the package directions. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, curry paste, and lime juice. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add the green onions, ginger, garlic, and red peppers and cook until veggies are tender and garlic is fragrant. Add the veggies you are using whether frozen or the broccoli and carrrots or the broccoli slaw. Cook until those veggies are heated through and crisp tender. Then add the coconut mixture and cook until it begins to boil. Boil for a few minutes stirring often. Then add cook noodles to sauce and veggies and mix well. Serve with extra limes and sesame seeds if desired.

Note:use whatever combination of veggies you like. I chose the broccoli slaw because I had it on hand and knew it would cook up quickly because the veggies were cut small. Next time I am going to try some broccoli flourets and see which I like better. Be creative use what your family will eat!!!YOu don't always have to stick strictly to a recipe change it up to fit your family's likes!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm making a cookbook to take with me to school in the fall and I've just copied about 10 of your recipes for it!!!