Monday, February 13, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cheescake Bars

As a little kid I love spreading cream cheese over my chocolate chip cookies. So when I came across this ideas for to have cheesecake between two layers of cookie dough I knew that I had to try them out. Oh boy these were so yummy!! The nice thing about them is if you are short on time you can just use store bought premade dough. Now I am not into that nor will I ever be but I will never know of you do so just make it how you want to.If you love chocolate chip cookies and cheesecake give these babies a try you won't regret it.

Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars

1 1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 T. vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups flour
1-2 packages chocolate chips(depending on how much you like we like a lot)

In a mixer, mix the butter and sugars until light a fluffy. Add the eggs and mix well. Pour in vanilla and mix. Add the dry ingredients and mix till well combined.Pour in chocolate chips and stir. Press half of the cookie dough into a 9x13 inch pan(preferably not a glass one)Set aside this and the remaining dough.

For cheesecake layer:
Mix 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla until well combined. Spread over the bottom layer of dough in pan then top with the remaining cookie dough all over the top as evenly as you can.
Bake in a 325 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Notes:
I think they taste best chilled. ALso store in the fridge

I pat the remaining dough into little circles and place them over the cream cheese layer because you can't press it over the cream cheese layer or it will make a mess.

You could also use other flavors of cookie dough if you prefer as well. Make the recipe your own!!!

2 comments:

Hannah Eliason said...

I was just telling Hannah when she was here how we used to spread cream cheese on our cookies! These look really tasty, I'm going to give them a whirl.

Jinny and Mick said...

whoops, that was actually me:)