Monday, March 1, 2010

Chicken Tomato Alfredo

I got this recipe from my husband's Aunt Kathy. It is so yummy and simple to make. It is one of our favorite pasta dishes. The original recipe calls for fettuccini but it is easier for my kids to eat a smaller noddle so I just use whatever I have on hand at the time and whatever my mood is like. I have taken this to parties also and have been asked for the recipe. Now this isn't a meal that will make you a size 2 but like I have said before all things in moderation is the key!! I am a firm believer of exercise and all foods in moderation none of this lets go cold turkey and not have anything bad or fattening. I think when you deny yourself something it makes you crave it more and you are more likely to over indulge when you do have it. Sorry for going off on a tangent for a minute. Now for the recipe!!!
The picture is not the greatest but believe me this is so good!!

Chicken Tomato Alfredo
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup olive oil
2 chicken breasts, cubed
1 regular onion,diced
2 tsp minced garlic
1 cup whipping cream
1 package Alfredo sauce mix
12 oz. Fresh slice mushrooms(optional-sometimes I use them sometimes I add double the tomatoes instead)
1(15oz) can diced tomatoes(if I don't use mushrooms I use two cans tomatoes)
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/4 cup chopped parsley or 2 T. dried
2 T. dried basil
1 lb fettuccini or any pasta you like, cooked according to package directions
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Heat the oil and the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken, onion, and garlic and cook until chicken is no longer pink. While the chicken is cooking, whisk the cream and alfredo sauce mix together in a small bowl. When chicken is cooked pour the cream sauce mixture into the skillet with chicken. Add the mushrooms, tomatoes and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat while stirring. Reduce the heat and simmer about 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in Parsley and basil. Remove from heat and toss the sauce with cooked pasta and parmesan cheese.

5 comments:

Jill said...

What kind of "Alfredo Sauce Mix" do you use?

Smitty n' Chelle said...

I made your mounds and they are sooo yummy. Now I need to make the carmels!

Desta said...

This is in our regular rotation - one of the few meals that everyone in the family likes to eat. Super yummy!

kanishk said...

I need to make the carmels!
home jobs without registration

Sheena Perron said...

This pasta was sooo yummy! We tried it last night and everyone loved it. Thanks for the yummy recipe.
I posted it on my blog (giving credit to you) :)
http://3sisterssharingideas.blogspot.com