Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oatmeal Raisinet Cookies

I saw the recipe for these wonderful cookies on the Picky Palate. These were very tasty. I love oatmeal raisin cookies but I don't really like all the cinnamon that goes in them so these were great because the combine the oatmeal and raisins with chocolate withou the cinnamon. My Grandpa Smith use to always put chocolate covered raisins in his cookies. They were always so tasty.

Oatmeal Raisinet Cookies~adapted from Picky Palate
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups quick or old fashioned oats~i used old fashioned
20 oz. of chocolate covered raisins(raisinets)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined. Mix in the dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in the chocolate covered raisins. Roll dough into 1-2 inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes then enjoy!!


4 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

These wouldhit the spot right now with a hot cup of tea. They look so delicious, I can almost smell them!!

Gage said...

raisinets..I never thought about that but I bet those are SO good.

Jinny and Mick said...

Could you ship me some? They seem to not turn out the same when I make yoru cookies

Elly May said...

Daniel doesn't even like raisins in cookies and he loved those ones.