Monday, September 9, 2013

Homemade Ranch Dressing

My kids and hubby love ranch dressing and there is nothing like homemade ranch. I use to just buy the Hidden Valley Ranch dressing packets and make them because they tasted way better than bottled dressing but I noticed they had MSG in them so I went on the hunt for a homemade mix I could mix myself and make excellent ranch. I was successful and found on pinterest. This ranch is so good and you control the ingredients which I love even better.
 
 
Ranch Dressing/ Mix
Black Pepper ¼ C
Parsley Flakes 1 1/2 C
Garlic Salt ½ C
Kosher Salt 2 T
Granulated Garlic ¼ C
Granulated Onion 3/4 C
Dill Weed 2 T (don't leave out adds to the flavor trust me)
 
1. Combine all ingredients, store in an airtight container. Makes about 3 ½ cups of dry mix
 
2. To Make Dressing, whisk together 2 T of mix with 2 Cups each of mayonnaise and buttermilk 1 ½ Cups sour cream,. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Makes 1 ¾ Quarts
 Please when you make it do not and I mean DO NOT SUBSTITUTE Miracle whip for the mayo. I know their are those of you that like it better and like that it has less fat than Mayo but the taste will not be the same. All ranch dressings are made with mayo not miracle whip. Make sure you refrigerate it for the full 2 hours or more because it gives the flavors time to come together.
 


2 comments:

Gage said...

Wondering if you can use light mayo or olive oil mayo instead?
Thanks
Krista

Romney Family said...

I haven't tried it but I would think that it would be just fine!! Give it a try and let me know how it turns out.