Wednesday, September 5, 2012

7-UP Biscuits

I found the recipe for these easy and delicious biscuits on Pinterest awhile back and knew I had to try them out. I thought that there was no way that they would be near as good as my other bicuit recipe using only 4 ingredients but let me tell you they were good!!Now they weren't quite as good as my other ones I have on this blog but they come in a close second and they are way faster to make than my other ones. These are good for a quick evening meal or when you are in a hurry for breakfast. Please gives these babies a try they won't disappointed Slathered in butter and honey or jam they are awesome!!



7- UP Biscuits
4 cups Bisquick
1 cup sour cream(I used 1/2 sour cream and 1/2 cup greek yogurt)
1 cup 7-up or lemon lime soda(at room temp)
1/2 cup melted butter

In a large bowl, mix the bisquick and the sour cream/yogurt and mix very well. Pour in the 7-UP and stir until combined. The dough will be very soft. Sprinkle another 1/2-1 cup bisquick onto a clean counter-top and gently pat dough out to desired thickness(about 1 inch). Use a biscuit cutter and cut out the biscuits.(got about 14. 2 of mine didn't fit in pan) Pour the melted butter into a 9x13 inch pan. Place the biscuits into the buttery pan. Bake at 450 degrees for about 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. I had to bake mine more like 15-17 minutes but just back them till the look down. Oven temps are so different depending on the oven so I suggest setting your timer for 10 min and then looking at them. Add additional cook time if needed. Serve warm with butter, honey, and jam!!! Or make sausage, egg biscuits!! Yumm!!!

No comments: