Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Potato Tacos

So have you ever wondered what to do with leftover mashed potatoes? I hate leftover mashed potatoes. If you are like me and never know what to use them for I have a yummy recipe for you that will take care of them so you don't end up just throwing them out. They are potato tacos. I got this idea from my mother in law. Believe me they are yummy and my kids usually prefer them over beef tacos and even if you don't have leftover mashed potatoes and want to have potato tacos you can do these with leftover baked potatoes or even raw potatoes you just dice the raw potatoes up and cook till tender and crispy.

Potato Tacos
left over mashed potatoes(doesn't matter the amount just whatever you have)
2 T. olive oil, oil, or butter

Heat the oil or butter in a large skillet. Place mashed potatoes in the pan and cook on medium heat until starts to brown. Stirring and flipping the potatoes frequently until nicely browned all over. Serve in corn tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.
Here is what the potatoes should look like when done cooking:

No comments: