Friday, November 20, 2009

Fried Potatoes with Ham

So do you ever wonder what to do with leftover baked potatoes? I always seem to make more than we eat so this is a easy recipe to use up those extra potatoes. I guess it is more of a method than a recipe. It doesn't require you to be a great cook to make these either. Simple and yummy. You really can add any meat (sausage, bacon, ham) you like or any veggies such as onions, peppers, or garlic to it as well. I usually add the onions, garlic, and peppers but I was in a hurry last night so I just used what I had on hand to make it fast.

Fried Potatoes with Ham

1-2 T. olive oil
4-5 baked potatoes,skin removed and diced
1/2 -1lb diced ham, sausage, or bacon
Salt and pepper to taste
diced onion, bell peppers, and garlic if desired
1/2 -1 cup shredded cheese

Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high to high heat. Add the desiered meat and cook until browned and cooked through if using bacon or sausage. Add the onion or pepper if using them and cook until tender. add the cooked potatoes, salt and pepper and cook until potatoes begin to brown. Sprinkle with cheese and let the cheese melt. Then serve and enjoy!! We eat them with salsa or hot sauce and the kids like ketchup on theirs. These are good for breakfast as well. Just make them your own!!!



Hope all of you have great weekend!!!

3 comments:

Coleens Recipes said...

I'm SO HUNGRY this morning for some reason and I can picture your fried potatoes and ham right next to some scrambled eggs. YUM YUM

Erin said...

With this pregnancy I have been CRAVING potatoes. Everything potatoes. This looks divine!

Keri Lyn @ She Saved said...

oh wow. just found your site ... LOVE this. How did I not know about this?? You have fantastic stuff...to top it off ... I have TONS of potatoes that I bought at a charity auction a couple weeks ago and I need to do something with them (we live in Idaho...probably the only place that they auction off potatoes...lol!)