Thursday, September 3, 2009

Gooey Butter Cookies

I have seen this recipe for these cookies all over the blogging world and decided that I had better try them out. These were so easy to make and they were so yummy. My kids and my bro-in law and little nephew loved them. Next time I think I will make them with a chocolate cake mix and see how they turn out. I think they would be good with any kind of cake mix not just yellow. If you want a fast easy cookie you must try these out.

Gooey Butter Cookies
1 (8 0z) pkg. cream cheese
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 box yellow cake mix (or any cake mix you like. I think chocolate or a lemon one would be excellent)
Powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Stir in egg and vanilla. Add the cake mix and stir until well blended. Powder sugar your hand well and Roll the dough into 1-2 inch balls and roll balls thoroughly in powdered sugar. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes. Take out of oven and leave on cookies sheet for 3 minutes or more before removing from the pan. They are perfectly crispy on outside and gooey on the inside!!!

Before putting them in the oven. I let my kids help so they smashed the balls before I noticed so the cookies were a little bit flatter when the came out of the oven than I wanted but they still tasted great.

4 comments:

Cameron and Nonie said...

I make these with a triple chocolate cake mix and they are fantastic!

Cameron and Nonie said...

Oh, and so their not so sticky, put in the fridge for a couple of hours.

Lara said...

Oo, I've never tried these either, but they look delicious!

Smitty n' Chelle said...

I just got dine making your choco chip m&m cookies. Now I can't wait to eat them!! These look yummy too. Might have to give them a whirl next time!