Thursday, April 2, 2009

White Chocolate Pecan(or Macademia Nut) Cookies

I have been searching all over for a good White Chocolate Macadamia nut cookie for the past few years. The ones I have tried all taste like a normal chocolate chip cookie and seem to be missing that taste you get from one you buy at the store or at Subway. I found this recipe on Kara's Kitchen. I have finally found a White chocolate cookie that is better than you can get at the store or Subway. You must try these if you Love White chocolate Macademia nut cookies. THey are even better with pecans!! I reccomend the pecans!!



White Chocolate Pecan Cookies



1 1/2 cup butter

2 cups brown sugar

2 eggs

1 tsp vanill

1 tsp maple flavoring~do not leave this out it is what gives the cookies the amazing flavor

3 1/2 cups flour

2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp salt

2 -3 cups vanilla or white chocolate chips

1/2 cup chopped pecans or any nut you like



Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add the eggs , vanilla, and maple and beat well. Stir in the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the choco chips and nuts. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for about 8-10 minutes.

Italic
I also got the idea from Our Best Bites to fill a ramekin 1/2 full with your favorite cookie dough Like so:

And bake in a 350 degree oven for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned and the middle is still a little gooey or soft and then put a scoop of ice cream on top and enjoy!! These were amazing!!! If you love a undercooked cookie or even cookie dough for that matter these are for you!! You must try it!!
Here is the White Chocolate Pecan cookie.
Here is Chocolate chip Cookie.
These are so simple an easy but yet so tasty!! If you don't feel like making your own cookie dough then just use store bought dough. Kate and Sara at Our best Bites say they have used Homemade and store bought and they think they are equally tasty. I am a make it yourself kind of gal but you can cheat no one will ever know!!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like my cookie recipe-thanks for linking to me!

I will have to try baking them in the ramekins, that sounds sooo yummy, especially with ice cream.

Donna-FFW said...

I love both ideas.. Theysound wonderful, hmm maple flavor, I have to try it. The ramekin idea, brilliant! Thanks for sharing that one.

Linford Family said...

Jessie, while I was at my parent's house we tried your chicken enchiladas and loved them-my mom loved the idea of making your own chips. I think she'll be doing that more often now. I, however, still need a deep fat frier. We added some of emeril(?) spice to the chips and liked what it added. Great recipe! I left before she got to your macademia cookies-dang it!!! I'll HAVE to make those ones.

priscilla joy said...

These look amazing. I would LOVE one right now!