Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Coleslaw Salad

I am sure many of you have had and have a recipe for coleslaw sald with ramen noodles. I have always liked that salad. At one of our church parties a lady in my ward brought this and it was so yummy and way better than any of them that I have ever had. She gave me the recipe the other day and I made it. It is so easy to make and comes together quickly. I used Broccoli slaw with mine because I think it is so much better tasting than coleslaw. You can find this at any supermarket or walmart by the bagged salad and coleslaw mixes. You can make it with regular coleslaw but I highly reccommend broccoli slaw and you can add chicken or leave the chicken out. I made this for our main dish so I added chicken.

Broccoli/Coleslaw Salad
1lb bad shredded broccoli/coleslaw mixture
3-6 green onion with tops diced
1 pkg Beef Ramen noodles(dry an crumbled)
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup salted sunflower seeds
1 (13 oz) can chicken or 1 chicken breast cooked and diced or shredded
Dressing: 1/3 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
flavoring packet from the ramen

Mix the ingredients for the dressing and refrigerate for a couple of hours. Meanwhile mix all the rest of the ingredients together. Right before eating pour the dressing over and mix well. Eat and enjoy

No comments: