Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

 I am one of those who usually hates flat cookies. I love my cookies to have some depth and heigth to them. I love them to be chuck full of chocolate, nuts, etc. as well. When I came across these cookies I was skeptical at first to try them out but man oh man they were awesome. I have to say they are my husband's favorite cookie other than a regular chocolate chip one. So please Don't let these flat cookies fool you like they almost did me. They are awesome. Soft and chewy, so good!!
 
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup plus 2 T. flour(I often use white whole wheat flour)
3 cups oats(old fashioned or quick)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup wheat germ(optional)
1 package mini chocolate chips(I prefer mini chips or chopped up chocolate)
 
Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, wheat germ, and chocolate chip. Mix well. Roll into balls and place on a greased or silpat lined baking sheet. Bake at 325 for 11-13 minutes. Don't over bake. All ovens cook different so adjust accordingly to your oven. Let sit on pan for 5 minutes then remove to cooling rack. Eat with a glass of milk or ice cream. Yum!!!

No comments: